Acrylic paint is made up of suspended polymer emulsion which is used in crafting and in art classes. Acrylic paints have high viscosity, which makes it difficult for an artist to put them to use before dilution. However acrylic paints do not require any chemical component to work on the dilution process. The person can simply dilute it with water. Depending on the quantity of water mixed, the artwork looks like an oil paint or watercolor. But when it comes to painting, there is another important factor that has to be taken care of. It is the paintbrush that is used in the process of painting.
How to select the right brush for Acrylic Paints:
- Acrylic paints dry comparatively faster than other paints. Only the right type of brush keeps on the go, and the look of your art turns out as expected. So here are some tips that will help you choose the right brush.
- Like it is stated earlier, acrylic paints can be used for both oil painting and watercolor painting. For oil painting, a stiff-bristle brush can be used, and for watercolor painting, a synthetic brush can be used.
- Thicker bristles move the viscous liquid faster, and a soft brush is enough for watercolors. Acrylic paints are thicker than water but softer than oil. This gives a basic idea about the viscosity of the material. Now you can decide accordingly.
- In you are a beginner, then we suggest that you buy synthetic brushes that are specially made for Acrylic paints. These brushes are springier and more resistant. They are more durable and keeps the shape well.
- When painting with Acrylic paints, the brush has to be kept in water for a long time. Acrylic paints dry faster, and when brushes are not kept in water, your brush will have to stay with that paint residue left on it, forever.
- A little awareness on the parts of the brush is also important as it helps the painter choose one according to his comfortability. The parts of a brush include a handle, bristles, ferrule, heel, crimp, toe and belly.
- The size of the brush is also important. Once you are able to specify your art form, you will also be able to pick the right brush. Brushes are available in large range of sizes and various types. Make the right choice.
Always remember to clean your brush after use. This protects the brush and prolongs its life. Take good care of your brush because the beauty of your strokes depends on the quality of your brush.